Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mis Metas

My name is Shannon Maule and I am a senior journalism student at the University of Arizona. This semester, one of my assignments is to blog weekly about border issues, or topic relating to those who have crossed the border from one place to another. Although I am currently a journalism major, I hope to go into the field of postsecondary and higher education. In order to best prepare myself for the future, I want to familiarize myself with the subject of education for those who have immigrated. Whether their experiences have been challenging, rewarding, different or similar to U.S. born citizens working towards a degree, I want to know. My goal is to become informed and to inform others.

Each week, I'll discuss a different topic relating to those who have journeyed from various places. I'll speak with the uneducated, undergraduates, graduates, alumni and professors who have a special story. But the truth is, everyone has an experience to share if others are willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment